8/30/2009 10:38 PM
Willies mediation center, even though operated by Sri Lankan Buddhist bukku, serves people of all the faiths by providing facilities and support for mediation. In the modern fast running society many people benefit from meditation
when dealing with mental fatigue and stress resulted during day-to-day life. They try to achieve their internal happiness through meditation since money has failed badly in doing that.
DAANA Texas Chapter together with Sri Lankan Student Association of University of Houston
(SLSA) and members of temple committee will take part in a shramadaana (volunteering work) to develop the Willies meditation center, which is still under development. Great support of well-wishers of the meditation center has brought it to near completion. It will be of immense pleasure for Rajans to participate in such a deed.
Date: Saturday, September 5
Time: 8:00 a.m.
(There is a one hour drive from Houston. Please plan to leave early.)
Venue: Willies Meditation center in North Houston
(Please see below for directions.)
18581 FM 1097, Willis , TX 77378
Driving directions to Meditation Center:
- Driving towards I45 North, take exit number 94: FM 1097 exit.
- At the intersection, turn right to FM 1097 (East).
- Pass the first yellow blinking light and one more traffic light.
- At the next light, take a left (Highway 75 and FM 1097 joins).
- Take an immediate right (FM 1097 goes alone).
- Pass railway crossing and drive about 8 and a half miles.
- Take a left at 18581 FM 1097 (You will see a Buddhist flag on the mailbox.)